We warmly invite you to the first Computer Science Education in Schools working group meeting supported by IJCSES journal and ETZ Educational Technology Summit. This small friendly group meeting will take place in Istanbul on Saturday 2nd March, at the Radisson Blue Hotel in Sisli, Istanbul. Istanbul is a unique city bridging Asia and Europe with its vibrant culture and history.
We invite submissions from across a variety of categories for investigating computer science education in schools through pedagogical, cognitive and psychological perspectives. The accepted papers will be published in a conference special issue of the IJCSES Journal after the summit.
- Research paper
How to submit?
You need to register at http://www.ijcses.org/as an author and submit your paper through the IJCSES journal system. Your submission should include a cover page to indicate that it is for the working group (IJCSES 2019), and not for the regular journal issue. The cover page should also include which type of submission. Please follow the author guidelines on the IJCSES website for basic submission information, however, remember it is your paper, your structure!
Articles should relate to school education. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Computer Science / Computing Education
- Computational Thinking
- Teacher Education in Computer Science
- Professional Development in Computer Science
- Programming in Schools
- Creativity and Computing
- Artificial intelligence in Education
- Computer graphics and Virtual reality
- Computer Game Design
- Teacher research in Computing
- Gender and diversity in Computing Education
- Inclusion in Computing Education
Important deadlines and dates
Paper submission Friday, November 30th, 2018
Notification of acceptance Friday, February 1st, 2019
Final camera-ready deadline Friday, February 15th, 2019
Please check if you need a visa to travel to Istanbul. You can apply for a visa online through the eVisa portal.
* For a delegate to be considered a student she/he must currently be a full-time student enrolled in a PhD / master program in an institution during the academic year 2018-2019. If you are registering to attend as a student, please email evidence of your full-time student status to Yasemin Allsop (email@example.com).
The registration fee includes:
Conference lunches and coffees
Dinner on Saturday evening March 2nd
Walking tour of old city on Sunday March 3rd (entrance fees are not included).
Assoc. Prof. Filiz Kalelioglu, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yasemin Allsop, UCL, London, UK, email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Yasemin Gülbahar Güven, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Sirin Karadeniz, Bahcesehir University, Istanbul, Turkey, email@example.com
Andrew Paul Csizmadia, Newman University, Birmingham, UK, A.P.Csizmadia@staff.newman.ac.uk
Prof. Jacob Sukhodolsky, Saint Louis University, US, firstname.lastname@example.org